QuickBooks Set-Up & Training
QuickBooks is an accounting software program that allows businesses to manage income and expenses. It can be used to invoice customers, pay bills, generate reports, and even prepare taxes. Zetter HealthCare can assist your company with QuickBooks set-up and provide training to your employees so that they can use it effectively.
QuickBooks Set-Up Charts of Account Design
In the QuickBooks program, a chart of accounts is a list of all of your company’s accounts and balances. This chart allows you to view your assets, liabilities, expenses, and income. As a result, looking at your chart of accounts can tell you how much money your company has, how much money it owes, and how much money is coming in and out.
The two main accounts in QuickBooks are Balance Sheet accounts and Income and Expense accounts. Balance Sheet accounts include assets and liabilities. On the other hand, Income and Expense accounts keep track of how much your company is earning and how much it is spending.
Depending on the type of business you own, you may need other accounts. Nonetheless, Zetter HealthCare can determine which chart of accounts your company needs and set them up for you.
A great benefit of using QuickBooks is that you can process payroll for your employees. Zetter HealthCare can set up your payroll system, and train your employees to use it. However, you must remember to put all necessary business information into QuickBooks, like bank information, employee compensation, and employee benefits.
We will then assist your team in gathering all necessary employee information. This may include:
- Form W-4: This form will tell you how much federal taxes to withhold from each employee.
- Hire Date: It is required to enter each new employee’s hire date when adding them to your payroll.
- Deductions: Employees must choose if they would like to receive health insurance and how much they would like to put toward their retirement plan.
- Pay Rate: The agreed-upon salary or hourly wage that each employee will receive.
- Pay Schedule: You must decide when you will pay your employees (weekly, biweekly, semimonthly, or monthly).
- Direct Deposit Authorization Form: You can offer your employees a direct deposit, instead of a check. They will need to fill out their banking information on this form to be eligible.
- Paid-Time-Off: If you offer paid-time-off you must enter the total number of hours that each employee will receive into QuickBooks.
Quarterly or Annual Payroll Tax Return
As an employer, you must file tax forms on a regular basis. Sometimes you will file quarterly and sometimes you will file annually. You also must remember that you will be responsible for both state and federal taxes. Obviously, it is important that you pay your taxes on time to avoid penalties from the government. QuickBooks allows you to submit payroll taxes, and will even remind you when they are due. At Zetter HealthCare, we can train you on how to file taxes properly through our QuickBooks set-up training.
QuickBooks Set-Up Bookkeeping Services
A great service offered by QuickBooks is Live Bookkeeping. This is a monthly bookkeeping subscription service that includes one-on-one support from a QuickBooks-certified bookkeeper. Your bookkeeper will:
- Categorize your transactions, reconcile your accounts, and close your books every month.
- Fix incorrectly-posted transactions so your books are correct.
- Walk you through monthly reports so you know how well your business is doing.
Zetter HealthCare can set up a bookkeeper for you and make sure that you know how to properly use it.
A bank reconciliation statement is a summary of your business’s banking activity that reconciles an entity’s bank account with its financial records. It outlines deposits, withdrawals, and other activities that affect your bank account.
Bank reconciliations are simple with QuickBooks. QuickBooks will help you access bank and accounting records, enter your bank statement information, and match or clear transactions. After training with Zetter HealthCare, your employees will be able to use QuickBooks and reconcile your bank statements.
Monthly & Quarterly Accounting Review With Forwarding Your CPA
Although QuickBooks does a great job filing taxes and processing payroll, you will still need an accountant to review your taxes. The professionals at Zetter HealthCare can conduct monthly or quarterly reviews of your account and then forward those reviews to your CPA. Then, your CPA will be able to review your financial statements, figure out what your deductions should be, and determine exactly how much you should be paying in taxes. With the help of QuickBooks, your CPA, and Zetter HealthCare, your healthcare organization will be able to run smoothly, pay employees on time and ensure taxes are properly done.
For assistance with setting up and training with QuickBooks, contact Zetter HealthCare a call at (717) 691-6768.
Take Control of Your Practice’s Health
Profitability and longevity come from putting the right policies, procedures and processes in place. Let us help you become the leading healthcare provider in your region.